Ragging is strictly prohibited
- Our college is the unique example of Anti-ragging zone.
- As per Himachal Pradesh Educational Institutions (Prohibition of ragging) ordinance 2009 “Ragging means any act, conduct or practice by which dominant power of senior students, former students or outsiders, is brought to bear on students freshly enrolled
- Ragging is strictly prohibited and is a cognizable criminal offence. If any incident of ragging comes to the notice of the university, the concerned student shall be given liberty to explain and if his explanation is not found satisfactory, the university will expel him from the relevant programmes as well as the campus.
- The university is bound to take the necessary action on the occurrence of any incident of ragging.
- Every single incident of ragging where victim, guardian/parents are not satisfied with the institutional arrangement of action , a First Information Report (FIR) shall be filled.
- Any failure or negligence on the part of institutional authority or deliberate delay in lodging the FIR should be an act of culpable negligence.
- Offence to be cognizable, non- bailable & compoundable.
- Any student convicted of an offence under this ordinance shall be expelled from the college.
- Student expelled on account of ragging shall not be admitted in any other educational institute for a period of 3 years from the date of order of such expulsion.